UK prime minister Theresa May is speaking on the Irish border
- White paper proposals can move on the Brexit negotiations
- Must rule out free trade deal on offer from EU that creates a border with N. Ireland
- There can never be a hard border between Ireland and N. Ireland
- EU backstop proposal doesn’t preserve UK internal market
- EU must now evolve its Brexit position
- EU must not fall back onto earlier Brexit positions and must respond to white paper
More hooblah to add to the Brexit rhetoric. May still seems to believe that the EU will buy into her white paper proposals but when push comes to shove, I don’t see how there will be any agreement to that. There doesn’t appear to be any form of middle ground in border talks so it’s one party that has to cave in eventually or else this is going to get kicked down the road once again.