The Reserve Bank of Australia octo October monetary policy meeting
- Policy announcement will come at 0430 GMT
- There will be no change to the cash rate
Governor Lowe will issue his ‘accompanying statement’ as normal
There is no press conference (there never is but people do ask)
I posted a preview here on Friday:
And, quickie previews seem to the thing ’cause here is another:
- We expect little change in the statement, although the wording around mortgage rates may be updated to reflect the moves by three of the major banks
A little more, via RBC:
- Another unchanged meeting is an all but certainty … though the market will as always be looking closely for any changes in bias and particularly wording around the recent round of independent rate hikes from major banks, plus commentary on China/US tariffs given these have now become a reality.
- That said, we expect a generally upbeat tone to be maintained against the background of a very gradually improving labour market and wage picture, with the strong Q2 GDP report providing further support.