10 year benchmark yields are mixed
The major European indices are ending the session in the red.
- German Dax fell -0.5%
- France’s Cac fell -0.7%
- UK’s FTSE fell -0.2%
- Spain’s Ibex fell -1.1%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB fell -0.23%
- Portugal PSI20 fell -0.4%
In the 10 year benchmark note sector yields are ending the day with mixed results with flight to safety bids in German, France and UK. The Italian notes rose nearly 15 bps on budget battles.
In other markets as London/Europe look to exit:
- Spot gold is up $16.48 or 1.38% at $1205.48
- WTI crude oil is little changed at $75.34. The high today extended to $75.91 before coming back off.
IN the US stock market, the major indices are now all higher:
- The S&P is up 4.4 points or 0.15% at 2929. The high reached 2929.86
- The Nasdaq is up 11.288 points or 0.14% at 8048.45. The high reached 8051.145
- The Dow is up 120 points or 0.45% at 26771. The high reached 26780.
In the US debt market, yields are lower, and the yield curve is flatter: