German DAX rises 1.1%
The European equity markets are closed. The provisional closes are showing gains as they ride the wave from the US equity move back higher.
- German DAX,+1.1%
- France’s CAC, +1.6%
- UK’s FTSE, +0.6%
- Spain’s Ibex, +1.5%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +1.8%
In the benchmark 10 year note sector, yields are lower.
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit.
- Spot gold is down by $4 or -0.33% at 1229.72. A higher dollar is sending the price back down today
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $.62 or 0.93% at $67.45
- Bitcoin continues to trade quietly in a range. The price is down $30 at $6394.85. The high reach $6430 while the low extended to $6377.
In the US stock market, the major indices are trading nearer high levels and recovering some of the declines from yesterday:
- S&P index of 45 points or 1.7% at 2701.34
- NASDAQ up 186 points or 2.6% at 7293
- Dow industrial average of 361 points or 1.47% at 24944
In the US debt market yields are back higher today as the safety trade from yesterday is reversed a bit.
In the forex market, the AUD remains the strongest of the majors. The biggest gains are vs the GBP, CHF and JPY. The USD has moved higher in the NY morning session. It is highest vs the GBP and CHF and only down vs the AUD. Earlier in the day it was lower vs both the EUR and GBP. Those declines have been reversed.